Grapes By Girls
At Ben’s Canteen, not only do we specialise in Burgers and Brunch but we also like to celebrate and share our passion for wine, so we’ve decided to have a party.
We also have a very female biased crowd at the Canteens, so with those two things in mind, we’ve teamed up with Christina Rasmussen, a modern force in wine, to bring you Grapes By Girls – a celebration of women winemakers.
Featuring a list of 10 wines, with 15 grape varieties, all by female winemakers, it’s going to be a relaxed and fun wine party, starting at 7pm on the 19th July at our Clapham Junction Canteen.
All of the wines will be available by the glass, including in 50ml measures, so that you can enjoy the lot. We’re thrilled to be working with Newcomer Wines, Vine Trail, Under The Bonnet, Dynamic Vines, Kiffe My Wines, Les Caves de Pyrene, Tutto and Swig to celebrate these amazing wines from women winemakers,
- In A Hell Mood 2016 – Rennersistas – Neusiedlersee, Austria by Stefanie and Susanne Renner.
- Trebbiolo Frizzante Rosso 2015 – La Stoppa – Emilia-Romagna, Italy by Elena Pantaleoni.
- Viognier Traminer 2016 – Edoardo Miroglio – Thracian Valley, Bulgaria by Dessi Baichevaa.
- SP68 Blanco 2016 – Occhipinti – Vittoria, Sicily by Arianna Occhipinti.
- ‘Hers’ Vermentino, Las Brisas Vineyard 2016 – Ryme Cellars – Carneros, Sonoma County AVA, USA by Megan Glaab.
- La Mamette 2015 – Les Granges Pãquenesses – Jura, France by Loreline Laborde.
- IGP ‘La Cascade’ Bag In Box – Chãteau Fontainebleau – Provence, France by Valerie Courreges.
- Ocarina 2015 – Les Arabesques – Roussillon, France by Saskia Van Der Horst.
- L’Ancetre 2015 – Vignereuse – Gaillac, France by Marine Leys.
- Simone 2014 – Julie Balagny – Fleurie, Beaujolais, France by Julie Balagny.
To get the low-down on Christina’s thinking behind the event and list, please click here to read her article on The Buyer.
As we said, this is a party and a celebration, rather than a stuffy wine tasting. so just pop along, any time from 7pm on the 19th July at our original Ben’s Canteen (140 St John’s Hill, SW11 1SL), and stay for a glass or two (or indeed 10!). On the night, our Evening Menu will be available, so you can also tuck into our Burgers and snacks like our famous Scotch Egg and those Duck Nuggets.
Ahead of the night, if you’re thinking of coming along, please RSVP on our FB event page here.